Another wonderful recipe from our friend Jane Anantasu. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it as much as her customers.
This recipe gives you 12-14 cricket powder muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (1 cup whole, 1/2 cup ground up)
- 1 cup of Kutaan’s cricket flour
- 2-3 bananas (1 cup mashed or 1 cup apple sauce)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4-1/3 cup maple syrup (add more or less depending what kind of sweet tooth you have)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Divide the oats into portions of 1 cup and 1/2 a cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 1/2 cup of oats in the blender and blend until they reach a rough, flour-like consistency
- Mash the bananas well, the result should be no-few lumps
- Add eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, and vanilla to the mashed bananas. Mix to combine
- Add the dry ingredients ( including the whole & ground oats, Kutaan’s cricket flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon) to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Allow these to sit for 10 minutes to soak the oats
- Optional: fold in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, raisins or nuts
- Scoop into the muffin tins lined with muffin wrappers (makes 12-14 muffins)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-23 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test
- Let your cricket powder muffin cool and enjoy!