“Having been working at a bakery in Bangkok for over 10 years I feel as though I’ve tried pretty much everything. Needless to say, I was wrong. Kutaan’s cricket powder opened up a whole new world for me as a baker. Now I can offer costumers a more environmentally friendly and still, with its own particular and great flavor, amazing carrot cake.”- Bangkok bakery owner Jane Anantasu.
Jane Anantasu’s cricket carrot cake
Your normal carrot cake with a twist, you partly exchange wholemeal flour with kutaan’s cricket powder. When done, you’ll have one mid-sized carrot cake (10-15 servings).
- 100g of Kutaan’s cricket powder
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2 eggs
- 200g light brown sugar
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 25g raisins
- 300ml oil
- 2 teaspoons raising agent
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Make sure you preheat the oven to 180°C
- Mix all the ingredients and stir them well so that they blend together
- All the mixed ingredients go into a greased and lined baking tray, then place the tray in the oven, about forty minutes- you want the surface to be firm when you touch it
By the way, you can decorate your cricket carrot cake with whole insects on top of the icing.